Friday, December 31, 2010

Joy To The World

Another Christmas has passed. The past two weeks have seemed like it went by too fast, which it did.

My time away from home really was nice. Being in Nashville for Joel's graduation from college was an experience I won't forget.
Those days afterward in Nashville he and I created memories to last a lifetime. 3rd row by bench against the glass for an NHL game, awesome seats with our friend Rob for the Titans football game and then floor seats with some of the family for Garth Brook's last night of concerts in Nashville for the Flood Relief are the highlights I speak of.

Most importantly though is that this holiday season I have been able to spend lots of quality time with those that matter most in my life. Above all else, family is that. Especially with all that has happened this year it was so great to be with family.

Because I've been so committed to my re-commitment to Christ it allowed me to fully enjoy all that He had for me recently.

The best example for this is my willingness to find Penny a new home. She's been an absolute blessing this year for me at home with my back issues, but having her around was also very burdensome for obvious reasons.

To confess that God had His hands on this whole situation and took care of it perfectly is an understatement.

After having Penny in the kennel at her vet in Daphne for the 12 nights ending on Monday night I picked her up Tuesday early afternoon. I had been praying so hard that God would provide Penny a new home. I'd even put an ad online trying to sell her with a nice write-up (if I do say so myself!) on Monday evening after returning home from Tennessee, and talked with everyone I knew that could help to find her a new home.
So I arrive at the vet and that's when I knew my prayers were answered so perfectly that I could only cry tears of joy. God provided a new home for Penny that includes 3 other dogs, over 60 horses and 60 acres of fenced land to play on. The man God placed in my life to take Penny that day from the vet was the best answer to prayers I could have ever asked for. He had been searching for a female Brittany for the last year to replace his aging female Brittany that has just gotten too old to hunt. He was impressed with Penny's obedience and training and took her home right then, putting her in the cab of his truck while he tended to the horses he'd brought to the vet for their shots. Penny didn't even look back at me and that made it so much easier for me.
I continue to miss her for lots and lots of reasons.  But, I really don't miss the dog hair or the things she would so expertly chew-up on a daily basis. But above all else, this is the story of putting my faith solely in God's hands to provide and he exceeded my expectations beyond measure.

The phrase "I've never known a day when he didn't make a way" has stayed on my mind and heart since. If there was ever a time to not regret my re-commitment then this has been the time.

I have so much more that I'd like to mention and talk about regarding the holiday time and what's to come in life. But, honestly, I really don't find this blog factoring in to what I want to do in the near future, but I'll write when I find it appropriate.

Making sure the message that those who put their trust in the Lord will renew their strength is my #1 goal of this blog and this posting. I'm living proof that when you put your worries and life in His hands, anything is possible, for better or worse.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.