Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Answer

So last night I watched a movie that I'd never seen. When I mention which movie it is you'll probably think I'm crazy.
It's A Wonderful Life.
Ok, go ahead and roll your eyes. I realize this isn't a movie that most go the first 26 years of their lives without seeing at least once. But I don't even have a reason not to have seen it other than older movies really aren't ones I am in a habit of watching, obviously.
I really enjoyed the movie and it rings true that they don't make movies like they used to. To be honest it was actually the perfect movie for me to watch because of what all has happened within the past couple months. Being down in south Alabama away from all my close friends and family takes its toll on my heart. I miss having friends I've grown up with around to talk and do things with. But this movie showed me that no matter what happens we impact others just by being in their lives, and they in ours. Honestly I never truly forget how blessed I am with the friends and family I have, but I just feel so undeserving. It really comes down to You Get What You Give. Hopefully when it comes my time they can say that I gave more than I took. Just happens that that's halfway true, because when I give to others I receive such joy and love in return that is 10-fold what I've ever given. Comes down to the Golden Rule really. I just want others to feel as good as I do about themselves. There are no complaints from me!

God made it apparent that last night was an all around teaching moment for me because the devotional was centered around Proverbs 17:17 - that A Friend Loves At All Times.  I didn't have a clue what the devotion was going to be for last night when I started my day. I start each day and end each day with separate devotions. It just happens that this is one related so well to what I had just seen within the movie. And to be honest, it's one of the many times this has happened recently. -the devotion makes me smile once I read the verse because it is absolutely applicable to something I had been doing earlier in the day or it's related to something God had put on my heart  that day also.

Josh Turner has a song from his latest album that I wanted to mention. The Answer. It speaks of all the questions we have in life and that Jesus Is The Answer. I respect Josh for recording such a powerful song on his album even if it might not be a single because of the spiritually demonizing media etc. Take a listen when you get a chance.

I want to mention that I usually title my entries as lyrics or names of songs. And yes, it really comes down to the fact that I'm not very creative when it comes to that type of thing. I simply listen to so much music on a daily basis that usually one or two songs really stick with me and make it to the title of a blog post.

Looking forward I have quite a busy schedule leading up to and after Christmas. Joel is graduating next week. It's so hard to imagine that he's finishing college. I'll be in Nashville for that and then also early in the week I'm lucky enough, if plans stay true, to attend one of Garth Brooks' concerts in Nashville with some of my family from Jackson. I can't wait! If the Lord called me to move closer to that area I wouldn't hold back. I miss Tennessee and my family up there. Not to mention I'd be closer to The Opry and The Ryman! :)

This blogging thing is actually becoming fun. I enjoy writing and it's nice to have this pseudo-journal to keep all my thoughts in.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.