Thursday, December 09, 2010

The Door Is Always Open

There's one task that I hope to quit forgetting to do on a daily basis. Sure, some days I forget to invert in the morning or evening. Other days I forget to take my medicine exactly when I should, and I pay for it later.
But the task I'm speaking of to not forget is that at times I neglect to go to God with my troubles first. This habit is simple to promise yourself and God during your quiet times, but in practical use we get in our own way. We tell ourselves many times each day that 'I can handle this on my own' or 'I don't need to bother God with such a trivial and worthless issue... it's a waste of His time'. Well, we immediately should run from this action and repent from putting our trust in ourselves and not in Him.  Psalm 56:3 says that when we are afraid we put our trust in Him.
To me this shows that obviously since He can handle our worries and fears on the larger scale that He most certainly can take care of our smallest needs, no matter the amount. I just have to quit getting in my own way! -simple as that :o)

Rick Burgess mentioned a few weeks ago that the Bible clearly states that those of us who claim salvation then continue in our past sin are like dogs who return to their vomit. This profound statement hit me like a brick to the chest. Where have all the leaders of the church gone that use these analogies. Churches are halfway filled with congregations needing true and honest mentors to not sugar coat and dumb down The Word. Because I have faithfully shed my old self I must continue daily to not return to my past sins. Those who trust in the Lord have to not look past this. I think it's easily forgotten too much of the time. That's what God has taught me lately.

Recognizing what He is laying on our hearts on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis means we are regularly speaking with Him and trusting that He will provide according to His plan. Someone recently said that if we knew what He knows about our lives and the decisions we face that we would make the same choices. Because we can't know everything and all possible reasons or 'angles' for what takes place in our lives we must trust in Him to provide a path in which to take. I fear not what the future holds for my life because my future is in His hands.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the Holy Spirit be with you all.