Monday, February 07, 2011

On My Highway

I suppose it's time for an update.  There's been some goings on that should be mentioned.

First, the past few weeks have been very little fun physically, mentally, and emotionally. My Faith has strengthened more every day and so spiritually I've been much better. Without the details of the ailments of others, it's worth mentioning that there really are many others going through tough times and they have been continually in my thoughts and prayers.  Lately it truly has been living one day at a time. This really isn't just a saying when you live it. Those that deal with chronic pain or other major health issues unfortunately understand it all too well.

Last week was my second round of injections in my back, and it was for steroids placed within the joints. Hopefully the combination of the previous nerve blockers, these steroids injections, and my daily medication I can get to a more manageable amount of pain.

So enough of THAT. Last weekend I made two raised garden beds so that I can begin growing some of my own veggies. It will be nice to have another project to keep up with around the house. My neighbor Josh really did the majority of the building for these beds.

Mainly, the thing that stands out throughout the past month is my faith that God has something planned for me. Sure, there's been times I really wanted out, and who wouldn't. I'm not able to do normal things like I used to because of my back, even simple things like reaching for something off the shelf at Lowe's yesterday made me hurt for the next 10 hours. Additionally, I'm faced with no job after the end of this month. But what has sustained me are the promises that God has made for my life. I just keep leaning on Him and He bears all my burdens. His power is made perfect in my weakness.. and boy there's lots of them!

I'm also really getting tuned into the happenings of Bay Community Church here near my home. This has been quite the journey the past two years to fully embrace everything that goes on there. The only thing I really just didn't love was the music worship, but God has broken me down and I've learned to tolerate it... I just love old Hymns! Bottom line is Jerry speaks THE word of God and that's all that matters. His messages are always spot on and I'm so on fire with what is happening. They have some exciting events coming up and I'm looking forward to joining in some capacity. Later this week I'm attending their class for those wishing to know more about the church and then join if they want.

As always,
Godbless!